Javed has over forty years of legal experience which he brings to the table to resolve disputes and effectively represent clients.
Javed’s estate planning experience includes setting up estate plans such as simple and complex trusts, drafting irrevocable trusts, family limited partnership, charitable trusts and other documents that provide the maximum flexibility. Mr. Ellahie can draft wills and trusts that meet the requirements of non-denominational and the Islamic Inheritance laws.
Javed carries a Martindale-Hubbell “AV-rating”, the highest rating of legal knowledge and ethics.
Javed is a certified bankruptcy law specialist (certified by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization) and has frequently lectured at seminars for bankruptcy law specialists. He was appointed as a Bankruptcy Resolution Advocate in 2005 and has successfully settled for litigants over the last twenty years.
Javed also served as a Trustee to the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the West-Valley Mission Community College District.
Javed’s bankruptcy law experience includes representing over 5,000 individuals and businesses in their bankruptcy matters and providing them relief under Chapters 7, 11 and/or 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.
Javed has also represented individuals and corporations under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code and has successfully assisted individuals and corporations in their reorganization efforts in Chapter 11 proceedings.
*Selected to Super Lawyers 2007-2018
* Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent
* 2012 Community Leader award by the South Asian Bar Association – Northern California Foundation.
* Advocate Bankruptcy Dispute Resolution.
* Certificate of Appreciation, Bankruptcy Judges – Northern California, annually, 2005 through present.
* Human Development Foundation, Community Award 2012.
Can Kerry Convince Muslim Voters? San Jose Mercury News
Video: • End of Life Issues: Vimeo
• Pakistan’s Justices under Siege: Host Herb Engstrom (2010) Pakistan’s Justices under Siege: Part 1 and Pakistan’s Justices under Siege: Part 2
Audio (2008) KQED forum with Michael Krasny/Najm Sethi: Panel on leadership in the Post Musharraf Era, tension with India.KQED Forum